The partnership between Taylor County Expo Center and Frontier Texas! has proven to be a huge success for Abilene and Taylor County. This partnership was made possible by the Hotel Venue District Tax, approved by voters in 2003. Since its inception, the Abilene-Taylor County Venue District hotel occupancy tax has been a strong driver of our region's economic growth by providing operating revenues for the Taylor County Expo Center and Frontier Texas!
A referendum will be put before the voters of Taylor County on November 7, 2023, to renew the special-use tax on guests staying at hotels in the county. It is imperative the Hotel Venue District Tax is renewed, and we need your help. The Grow Abilene and Taylor County Tourism PAC has been created to advertise the outstanding benefits of the Expo Center and Frontier Texas! to our area. We need you to help fund the PAC for the following reasons:
- Renewing the Abilene-Taylor County Venue District hotel occupancy tax is a commitment to fostering local economic growth, investing in our cultural heritage, and ensuring a prosperous future for generations to come.
- Corporate funds can be used to fund this PAC.
- This is a renewal of the 2% “Tourism Venues” hotel occupancy tax, not a new or higher tax. The only people who pay this tax are guests staying in hotels and overnight accommodations in the county.
- This is not a property tax or bond, this fee on visitors will not raise taxes on Taylor County residents.
- This type of tax can only be used to support specific types of tourism venues and cannot be used for general operating purposes such as police, roads, etc.
If you would like to help fund the Grow Abilene and Taylor County Tourism PAC
via check, please remit to: PO Box 1600, Abilene, Texas 79604.
Your contribution is greatly appreciated!
Grow Abilene and Taylor County Tourism PAC
Support the Expo Center and Frontier Texas!
Your contribution is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your generosity and support of the Expo Center and Frontier Texas!